Policy & Frequently Asked Questions
For performance Meals
CFPA Boosters Performance Meal Program Policy & Procedures 2022-23
The CFPA Boosters Performance Meal Program is a logistical service provided to support students and staff members easily making a group meal order when CFPA performance schedules might make it burdensome for families and/or staff members to obtain a meal on their own. Students and staff participating are responsible for paying for the meal they order. Please read the Policy and Procedures below for details on the program.
1) The CFPA staff member in charge of the performance/event or the CFPA Coordinator should notify the Boosters of the need for meals at least 2 weeks before the performance date. An email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org including the event, date, and the time meals should arrive at Colgan. Meals for multiple events may be requested in a single email.
2) The Boosters will create a group order using Uber Eats for each requested event. This will be done approximately 1 week prior to the event. (Uber Eats doesn't currently allow orders to be placed more than week prior to delivery).
3) Once the group order has been created. A QR code and/or link to that group order along with a deadline to order (typically 1-2 days prior to the event) will then be emailed to the staff member. The staff member should distribute the QR code/link to students in the performance. Each QR code/link is UNIQUE TO THE EVENT/DATE requested. If meals are needed for multiple days/times of an event, then the staff member will receive multiple QR codes/links that will be clearly labeled. For example, meals are needed for Friday night and Saturday afternoon performances of a show. The staff member will receive a QR code/link for Friday and a DIFFERENT QR/link code for Saturday. The QR codes/links should be clearly labeled when distributed to the students.
4) Students/staff wishing to order simply click scan the QR code (or click on the link), select the items they wish to order, and make payment prior to the order deadline (typically 1-2 days before the event). Ordering is all done through the Uber Eats website.
5) A Boosters Board member will be at Colgan to meet the delivery driver, receive the meals, bring them into the school, and then distribute them to the students/staff. Meals come from the restaurant, separated and labeled with the name of the student/staff member that placed the order. Students should consume their food in the area designated by CFPA staff.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
1) Can my student just place their own Uber Eats (or other delivery order)? NO. For the safety of all students, students are NOT allowed to place individual food orders for delivery to the school.
2) Can my student bring their own food to have before/between performances? YES.
3) Can my student order from any Uber Eats restaurant? NO. A restaurant will be pre-chosen by the Boosters for each meal delivery. That will be the only restaurant available in the group order.
4) How are restaurants chosen? Restaurants are chosen based on their ability to handle the expected order size, having enough food options to meet the majority of tastes, and having reasonable sized/priced options for students. For example, if pizza is chosen for the event, a restaurant that offers single slices and salads would be chosen over a restaurant that only offers medium/large pizzas.
5) It seems like the same restaurants keep coming up. Why? As we launch this program, a limited number of restaurants will be used. This allows us to work closely with those businesses to address any possible concerns. Any restaurant that proves unable to meet the needs of our students will be removed from future use. As the program develops we will add restaurants to the rotation.
6) Does my student really have to place a separate order each time (even if they are back to back days)? YES. They must use each individual QR code/link to order a meal for that event, time, and day. We do NOT store any information regarding prior orders. It is also possible that different days of an event will be serviced by different restuarants.
7) My student ordered for the wrong day. How do I fix it? If it is before the order deadline, you should be able to use the link to edit your order. Unfortunately because the transaction is directly with Uber Eats and not with the Boosters, there is nothing we can do after the order deadline. STUDENTS SHOULD CAREFULLY REVIEW THE LINK TO MAKE SURE THEY ORDER FOR THE RIGHT DAY/EVENT. DO NOT USE A CODE FROM A FRIEND THAT IS NOT IN THE SAME EVENT.
8) Are the Boosters benefiting from this service? NO. This is NOT a fundraiser. Your order and payment go directly to the restaurant through Uber Eats. The Boosters do NOT take payment, and do NOT receive anything in return for this service. We are simply trying to make things easier for our busy families.
9) What if my student has food allergies/dietary restrictions? Please contact the restaurant that the order is being placed with if you have any questions/concerns about ingredients. The Boosters try to offer a variety of food, but have no control over preparation/transport. WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE FOOD IS ALLERGEN FREE OR MEETS ANY SPECIFIC DIETARY NEEDS.